The bill repeals the availability of immigrant visas for siblings of U.S. citizens once 18 months have elapsed since the date

Asked over 1 year ago - Stockton, CA

please explain this gang of eight senator immigration bill legislation???? my sister is F4 applicant and her Priority date is april 2002 so my question is
WILL IT EFFECT TO her because she is waiting her my visa number to be current because she is stuck in backlog in ROW preference.

1. Tripti Sharad Sharma

Pro

7

Answered . The bill is introduced, it may pass, it may not. Time to write to your representative to oppose it?

2. Cynthia Beth Rosenberg

6

Answered . It appears that those in the pipeline can still get the green card so do not panic. It is still just a bill, not a law.

3. F. J. Capriotti III

4

Answered . We don't have the actual bill yet.

But, the summary implies that people who already have an approved I-130 will be able to complete the process .. just no new ones.