The bill repeals the availability of immigrant visas for siblings of U.S. citizens once 18 months have elapsed since the date

Stockton, CA |

please explain this gang of eight senator immigration bill legislation???? my sister is F4 applicant and her Priority date is april 2002 so my question is
WILL IT EFFECT TO her because she is waiting her my visa number to be current because she is stuck in backlog in ROW preference.

The bill is introduced, it may pass, it may not. Time to write to your representative to oppose it?

This response is general in nature and cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. Any comments offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship. If you would like additional information based on this response, please contact my office at 510 657 7665 or 415 902 0832 to schedule a consultation.

We don't have the actual bill yet.

But, the summary implies that people who already have an approved I-130 will be able to complete the process .. just no new ones.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

It appears that those in the pipeline can still get the green card so do not panic. It is still just a bill, not a law.

Under the guidelines set by AVVO, this response is general information only and not specific legal advice, and no attorney client relationship is formed by this response to your question.

Recommended articles about Immigration