The bank may have compromised my personal information as well as my son's. Is the bank liable?

El Sobrante, CA |

After I opened my account,my bank mailed me my checking and savings account information for 2 of the 3 accounts. They also by mistake mailed me another person's account information. I have the other person's name, address, and SS#.

The bank told me my information was not "breached" and that they only printed up 2 pieces of new account information for me, the 2 pieces that I received. I don't believe them & am now concerned that my personal information (SS#, address, etc) as well as my minor son's information has been compromised.
Can I make them prove that they only printed up 2 pieces of information?
What can I do to make sure that our information was not shared with anyone else?
Can I force the bank to monitor our credit reports for any strange activity?
What should be my next step?

You are right to be concerned and you should monitor your history anyway. I highly recommend sending a writing to the bank (and keeping a copy) to let them know of your fears and to keep for your records, should you have to hang some liability on them at a later date in time.