The asst living home threw me out, because my brother said he had pow and he does not, i have judge letter says i can visit him.

Asked over 1 year ago - Lancaster, CA

none of my sibblings have conservortship of my dad, my sister has end of live directive and a paper my deceased mom had stating my dad needs help with medical and financial , so when my mom passed in oct 9,2012, my sibblings threw him in an asst liv home, which i said i would take care of him, he is 88 and yes in good health just a little alheimzers. you ask him a question he will give you an intelligent answer. yes i feel they are after his money although thy claim they put him there for his care. thats a lie, the place is under probation for 5 years for elder abuse, and under staffed. he does not belong there. i want him out and overthrow those 2 medical papers. i even asked the dr patel who stated on the paper he had alheimzers, if i could bring him to live with me, he said yes.

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Daniel Mcgraw Little

    Contributor Level 11

    Answered . In need to petition the Court for Letters of Conservatorship (Note: in California, conservatorship is used for adults and guardianship for minors). Once you have Letters you can place dad in a facility that may be more appropriate for your father. Remember, whatever you do for your father MUST be in his best interest.

    No legal representation exists by virtue of this answer. It is recommended that you contact an attorney directly... more
  2. James C. Higgs

    Contributor Level 12

    Answered . Hire an attorney to get a guardianship set up. The guardian makes decision on living conditions.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

29,475 answers this week

3,176 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

29,475 answers this week

3,176 attorneys answering