Skip to main content

The A# on my I140 approval notice is different from the one on my OPT EAD and H1B. Which A# should I use to file my I485?

Atlanta, GA |
Filed under: Immigration


Attorney Answers 1


Use the A# on your I-140, but write both A#'s on your cover letter.

This answer is offered for informational purposes only. It is not offered as, and does not constitute, legal advice. You should rely only on the advice given to you during a personal consultation, telephonic or in-person, by an attorney experienced in immigration law. In the event that you have follow up questions, please post them directly on this site. This does not create an attorney-client relationship and the attorney does not read unsolicited emails. Thank You.

Mark as helpful

8 lawyers agree

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics