The judge in my Workers Comp case has decided against the last 5 claimants. He let the attorneys know this.

Asked over 1 year ago - Paso Robles, CA

I overheard him say to the attorneys "Let's get this on the calendar so I know when you will be back here to annoy me" Can I get another judge?

1. Larry Alan Apfelbaum

5

Answered . If you have an attorney ask him or her about changing judges. If you do not have an attorney, hire one. Sounds like the kind of judge that needs to retire!

Good luck

2. George Ellis Corson IV

2

Answered . Maybe they were just annoying him. You only heard the end of the conversation.

3. Nancy J Wallace

2

Answered . I believe the judge was joking.

Your attorney had to object to the Trial Judge at the time the Trial Date was set.

ARE YOU SAYING the Judge -- in the middle of a Trial -- announced for no reason that "I decided against the last 5 claimants" ??? That's very unusual.

Were the last 5 claimants doctors who were not on approved lists, so their liens were incompensable? Were the last 5 claimants prior attorneys who failed to file liens asking for fees?

Judges call Injured Workers 'applicants', not claimants. If you truly heard the word 'claimants' the judge was NOT proclaiming he is against Injured Workers.

If the judge makes an error, your attorney can appeal based on the judicial error (a petition for Reconsideration).

4. David J. McCormick

3

Answered . It seems from your question that you have an attorney, so you need to ask then this question.

5. Joseph Franklin Pippen Jr.

Pro

1

Answered . You should ask your attorney-it would be improper for another attorney to advise you at this point in the case.