THANK YOU FOR RESPONSE RE: BACKGROUND CHECK

Tarzana, CA |

I understand what AVVO's function is. However, I wanted to thank the attorney that had an answer that made sense regarding background checks for potential employees. Yes, the job was offered and accepted and there is a paper trail. The attorney hit the nail on the head. BAD MANAGEMENT within the law firm. This is an at-will state and the laws are clear, however again it's the fairness factor, especially in this day of unemployment and competition, the fact that one week you are told there is something wrong with the background check and that is causing delay in your start date, and the next week you are told they did not even do a background check, I'm sorry. Your office has now lost its credibility. Again, thank you to the attorney that understood the "bad management" issue.

I am glad you found useful information. If you find answers useful, you can mark them as helpful or best answer.

2. Glad this worked out for you!

In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but insted need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice. If you want to be completely sure of your rights, you must sit down with an experienced criminal defense attorney to be fully aware of your rights.