Th an application Georgia courts to apply for status of indigent and wave fee's

Asked over 1 year ago - Atlanta, GA

In Florida there is an application for indigent status and if approved it waves filing fee, whether in Family , Criminal, traffic or Civil. Is there a form like this in Georgia courts? if so what is it called? where is it found?

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Daniel Ellis Rice

    Contributor Level 18


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . If you are talking about criminal cases, you can fill out an application for a public defender; you fill out the application at the public defender's office. If you are talking about civil matters, you can fill out a pauper's affidavit asking to waive the filing fee and service fee; each court may have a standard pauper's affidavit form, but in the alternative, you can draft your own.

  2. David Edward Boyle

    Contributor Level 15


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . I agree with the previous attorney's answer. The filing fees for appeal cases will be waived if you can prove you are indigent, and you can also apply for a court appointed attorney if you are indigent.

  3. Michael Douglas Shafer

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . Contact the PD for a financial statement declaration.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

30,864 answers this week

3,241 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

30,864 answers this week

3,241 attorneys answering