Skip to main content

Texas Title Loan Repossession

Dallas, TX |

Repossessed my truck, is there any legal help I can get quickly in Fort Worth? I have 1 day before they auction it off. They want $6,000, it's worth over $40,000.

Attorney Answers 2


Generally, to get a vehicle back if it is covered by the UCC, you must pay what it takes to reinstate the loan, pay the loan off (refinancing it works here) or file a bankruptcy (though Chapter 13 is the only one that will allow you to get the car back and pay off the debt over a period of time).

Mr. Goldstein is a Virginia-licensed attorney only. The information is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation. Answering this question does not in any way constitute legal representation. Contacting Mitchell Goldstein or the Goldstein Law Group does not constitute legal representation, nor is any information you provide protected by attorney-client privilege until otherwise advised.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees


You can redeem by paying the full amount of the delinquency or file chapter 13 to stop the sale.

Mark as helpful

Bankruptcy and debt topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics