Skip to main content

Texas State Court has a Rule 12 in which you can challenge the authority of an attorney to act and/or represent someone in

Houston, TX |
Filed under: Lawsuits and disputes

Court Is there a similar rule which can be filed in FEDERAL Court?

Attorney Answers 2

  1. Best answer

    I agree with Mr. Arbuckle. Unless you have really good, solid evidence proving that a lawyer who has appeared for a party is not really that party's lawyer, filing a motion challenging his or her authority would be shooting oneself in the foot, especially in federal court where the judges do not tolerate nonsense that needlessly consumes their time.

  2. No, which is just as well, because only pro se and really stupid lawyers would ever try to use that rule.

    This is not legal advice. You should always discuss the specifics of your issue in person with an attorney. Be aware that there are time limits on all claims that depend on the kind of claim, so do not delay in seeking an attorney.

Lawsuits and disputes topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics