Texas Probate Law

Asked almost 2 years ago - Seguin, TX

Does the executor of my wife's will have the right to come on to my property & remove her vehicle? This person claims he's "securing the estate's assets" & says he plans to sell the car to pay her debts.

1. Robert Keith Morris III

Pro

4

Answered . Not if it is your community property. Was it purchased during your marriage?

2. James P. Frederick

2

Answered . If the asset is part of your wife's estate, then the answer is yes. If it is NOT part of the estate, then he cannot do this. If you are not sure whether this is your asset or your wife's estate's, then you should contact a probate attorney for guidance. I would suggest you do this, right away.

James Frederick

3. Joseph Franklin Pippen Jr.

Pro

2

Answered . I agree with my colleagues.