Texas DWI & Occupational License

Denton, TX |

I was just charged with DWI 3rd. The second was in 2010; my license was suspended in 2010 for refusing the breath test but was able to get an occupational license. Am I eligible to get an occupational license with this current charge, or will I be subject to a waiting period?

In 2010 there were two suspensions; ALR and Conviction. Just need to know what my waiting period will be.

1. Yes, because this is 2d offense in less than 5 years. Since you are in Denton, you can ask for the DWI court, which might get you around the waiting period and finally some useful rehabilitation.

2. You will certainly have a suspension period on your conviction suspension. You may or may not on your initial alr suspension. If your attorney doesn't win the alr hearing, he can call DPS to see whether you're ODL eligible.

Macy Jaggers's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Jaggers offers everyone a free consultation to discuss their case. Feel free to call her office at 214-365-9800 to make an appointment (phones are answered 24 hours) or visit her website at www.macyjaggers.com for more information about her services and recent victories.

3. Having a DWI within 5 years screws you. If you end up convicted of this DWI, your license will be suspended for 2 years with one year "hard" meaning no occupational.

Hire a lawyer who actually knows the laws regarding DWI & suspensions.

Cynthia Henley
    713-222-1220

4. Yes. You can mostly still get an Occupational DL, but if granted, it will come with very strict requirements and restrictions. Give me a call tomorrow and I will discuss this with you.

Tony Ross
    Ross Law Offices,PC
    940-230-2400

IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER: Any information provided herein should NOT be solely relied upon without consulting an attorney who is licensed to practice in the jurisdiction of your legal matter. Although diligent effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained herein, we cannot guarantee that the information is accurate in regard to your specific circumstances. No Attorney-Client relationship is formed by the use of any information found herein, or the submission of information via any form on this Website. The statements included in this website are intended to provide the reader with a basic understanding of the legal system. They are not intended to be solely relied upon as legal advice. In addition, because the law is constantly changing, we cannot guarantee the accuracy of any information provided herein, as it may not be fully current with all applicable law. ALWAYS consult an attorney regarding your individual circumstance.