Texas child support, military considerations

Asked over 1 year ago - Lampasas, TX

Is bah/bas protected when the amount of child support is calculated in Texas? I am an e-5 paying child support for one child while my section sgt, e6, is paying considerably less than me and he's paying for 2. His bah and bas were not calculated into his support

1. Rixon Charles Rafter III

4

Answered . No, bah and bas are not 'protected' in any state.

FYI, its very possible either you misunderstood the E6 or you did not get the full story.

2. Bobby Dale Barina

Pro

1

Answered . Bah/Bas are included in calculating child support. It is possible that your friend had an agreement not include these in his child support calculation. Of course there are some courts that do not include Bas - this is not the norm.

3. John Daniel Hafemann

2

Answered . Your BAH/BAS is not "protected" in any state. In fact, it is part of the calculation when determining the level of child support required. Visit the legal assistance office at your base/station- they will be able to run the numbers for you. Good luck.