Texas apartment laws: if someone dies or is killed in an apartment--future tenant must be advised of such death?

Dallas, TX |

Under Texas laws if a prior resident or guest died in an apartment or even a single family home that afterwards you are renting to someone else---does the new tenants have to be advised of the prior death?

Representing yourself without adequate legal experience or knowledge can prove to be a challenge. It may not be possible to learn every law or detail. Often times the more complex a case is, the more legal knowledge a person needs in order to be successful. A lack of time, resources, and knowledge are difficult to overcome. It's better to hire a lawyer to handle this. There are a lot of excellent lawyers in your city.

If this answer was helpful to you or if it was the best answer, please click the buttons that state helpful and best answer. Please understand that all of my answers are for informational purposes only, are not legal advise, and do not create an attorney-client relationship between you and me. I am not your attorney and you are not my client unless we enter into a signed contract. My only legal advise to you is that you should immediately consult with and hire a lawyer and that you should not represent yourself. If you want to more information about personal injury, visit or if you want more information about criminal defense, visit Good luck!

State, local, and municipal law topics

Recommended articles about State, local, and municipal law