TEXAS (DFW) I need an aggressive divorce attorney to help me get divorce and custody.

Asked almost 2 years ago - Arlington, TX

My soon to be ex has a lawyer who is, lets say, not a decent man and who plays games all the time. I have an attorney who is knowledgeable but who is really nice and not aggressive enough. The ex has history of domestic violence, has tried to commit suicide, admitted to his desire and ability to kidnap our child and flee the country. With all that, the judge gave him standard possession and ordered $200 in child support (Not enough for diapers)
Time to change the tides, I need a lawyer who can solve my saga.

Thank you

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Theresa Cay Langford

    Contributor Level 15


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . There are numerous attorneys on this site who are experienced, aggressive, and qualified. Before you make drastic changes in mid-stream however, have you sat down with your attorney and discussed your frustrations? There could be valid reasons for the way the matter has turned out - or your attorney may not be aware that you prefer an aggressive approach to this matter. Know that it is significantly more expensive to engage in the type of battle you are describing. Once you are satisfied that your current counsel is not your preference, review the various responses of attorneys here, and initiate some contacts.

    The above answer does not create an attorney/client relationship. These responses are merely intended to provide... more
  2. Charles Emmerich Hardy


    Contributor Level 13

    Answered . I would suggest you interview another lawyer to determine your options. You might be in a better position than you think - getting a second opinion might help.

    Good luck!


Related Topics


Divorce is the process of formally ending a marriage. Divorces may be jointly agreed upon, resolved by negotiation, or decided in court.

Child Support

Child support is the money paid from one parent to another for expenses resulting from the other parent’s custody of a child or children.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

23,269 answers this week

2,652 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

23,269 answers this week

2,652 attorneys answering