Termination sevis status, j1 visa

Wisconsin Dells, WI |

I am a participant of Work and travel program. One week ago i was fired from my host company. My sponsor said me to leave US before 11 of august. I have plane ticket on 31 of august. I can`t change this ticket, and cannot leave US till this date. After 11 august my sponsor will terminate my SEVIS status, so I`ll be in US illegaly. What aftermathes I`ll have in this case? How it can affect to my opportunity visit US in future? Will i have problems if I`ll use domestic airlines in USA in this period?

1. Overstaying your visa is not a good idea. If you apply for a subsequent visa, it can be denied. Consult an immigration attorney as soon as possible.

Alexus P. Sham alexuspshamesq@gmail.com (917) 498-9009. The above information is only general in nature and does not constitute legal advice. It does not create an attorney-client relationship.

2. If you actually intend to leave the US no later than August 11, there should not be any problems in future. You will not start accumulating unlawful presence until 180 days are spent out of status.

Nothing in this post shall be construed as a legal advice. If you need advice regarding your particular situation, please contact my office directly. This information is transferred without an intent to creat an attorney-client relationship.

3. Overstaying one's visa, and especially a student visa, is never a good idea. You will likely not be able to ever obtain a US visa again.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

4. Leave the US on time and preserve your chances for a new visa in the future.

5. You will be out of status after August 11th. Whether you'll have problems will depend on what it is you want to do in the future. Less than 180 days of unlawful presence (which will begin to run after August 11th, in your case) will not cause you to have any bar preventing you from entering the U.S. However, any unlawful presence accumulated will look bad if and when you try to obtain another visa to return here. So, in short, you should have no problems using the airlines to return home after August 11th, and can return home expecting no issues. It is if and when you want to return that you may face some questions as to the unlawful presence you may have accumulated. If you do not plan on returning to the U.S., you should have no issues whatsoever. If you do plan on returning to the U.S., try your best to depart timely (by August 11th) - if this is impossible, consult a good immigration attorney for advice. Good luck.

This advice does not form an attorney-client relationship and is merely informative. It should not by itself be relied upon to address a legal concern.

6. Until USCIS makes a determination that you are out of status, you do not accrue any unlawful presence and you should have no problem returning.

The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.