Terminated from my job and not explained why.

Asked almost 2 years ago - Westhampton, NY

My manager who fired me has harrassed me many times, I spoke to her boss and she mediated a meeting between both of us. Through out that time she has blamed me for things that are not true nor does she have proof. One of the managers sat me down and told me she is out to get rid of me, that same person showed me my work folder and it was covered in writing of things that I couldnt have done, the manager then showed me other folders and not one was like mine. I know I was bullied, singled out and I lost my job because of a manager with a power trip.Is there a law that can help me due to the fact that I was bullied, singled out and harrassed. Also when the managers sat me down I told them of my personal issues and they told everyone my buisness. They broke there open door policy what can ido

1. Meghan Hayes Slack

3

Answered . Discrimination and even harassment in the workplace are actually legal unless they are based on the employee's race, color, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, arrest or conviction record, marital status, partnership status, or status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking and sex offenses. If you think that your manager harassed you for one of these reasons, you should speak with a local attorney about filing a discrimination complaint against your former employer.

If you had an employment contract, have an attorney review it to determine whether your employer may have violated it.

If you were a union member, you should speak with your union representative about filing a grievance.

Otherwise, unfortunately, you little recourse against your former employer.

You may be able to sue your former manager for tortious interference with a business relationship. Unless she has considerable independent resources, though, it will most likely not be worth your time, expense and energy to pursue such a case.

2. Jeffrey Bruce Gold

Answered . The law protects people from being discriminated against because of their sex, sexual orientation, religion, disability, race or national origin. There is no requirement that bosses be nice or truthful. They do not owe you an explanation. It sounds like you're better off without them.

3. David Andrew Mallen

1

Answered . File for unemployment, and then try to get a free consultation with a local employment lawyer. If you hear lawyers declining representation for the same reasons, then you know you have done everything to protect your rights and you can move forward.

What is unfair in the workplace is not necessarily unlawful.

David Mallen