Skip to main content

Terminated from alcohol anonymous program 3 month's

Santa Clarita, CA |

i got a letter it says i have missed 6 group meetings.

and the comments and recommendations on the paper says : On 4/20/2012 Mr. Edora obtained his sixth absence. Mr Edora is now in violation of county and program requierments therefore Mr. Edora is being returned to court for disposition.

Any idea what is going to happen next? Will i be able to take these classes again and start where i left off? and if so what is the cost?

Attorney Answers 5

  1. As you have violated your probation, it will be up to the judge to decide what to do about it. You better have some good truthful excuses for missing all those meetings. I can't help you with costs; that is probably up to probation.

  2. It depends on your progress and the reason you missed the classes. You should be able to get re-enrolled in the class and you may be able to get credits for the classes you did. There is usually a re-enrollment fee of about $60. Bear in mind that the judge does have the option of deleting the program requirement and sending you to county jail but that is usually done when the person has fallen out of the program a couple of times.

    Legal disclaimer: This message does not constitute legal advice and is for informational purposes only. This message does not establish an attorney-client relationship, which can only be established once a retainer agreement has been fully executed between you and this firm. Visit

  3. You have violated your probation. I agree with my colleagues. You need to convince the judge to re-referred back into the program.

  4. You are facing a possible revocation of your probation for violating the terms of probation, i.e., not completing the DUI program. If it is a first time, most courts will revoke probation and reinstate it on the smae terms and conditions. You will be ordered to go back to the program. Do so as quickly as possible. You may be able to re-start from where you left off.

    Any comments offered are not intended as legal advice. This attorney does not know the specifics of the particular case sufficiently to offer legal advice. You should hire a lawyer who can evaluate the details of your specific situation before offering advice.

  5. Yes, you're in violation of your terms of probation and if you had obtained a restricted license, DMV will now suspend your license until your alcohol program is complete.

    As for court, depending on the judge and how many other probation violations you do or don't have, you could be looking at anything from jail time, to additional community service, to merely being reinstated into the alcohol program.

    You'll have to speak to an attorney who knows your court house to be sure of exactly what will happen. Some judges hand out jail time like candy for getting booted from your DUI program due to excessive absences.

Employment topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics