Tenants setup a temperate pool, Do I have responsibility for any accident if occur?

Asked over 1 year ago - Dunellen, NJ

My tenants ask to put up a temperate large pool (the kind adults can get in) in the fence back yard. And I said YES. If anyone from this tenants or his guests or even other people sneak into it, and accident happens, do I have liability?

1. Matthew R Schutz

3

Answered . Without knowing more its hard to say. There may be some liability if you knew about any dangerous conditions and tolerated them. This is a fact issue and every one is different. This why we have insurance to protect against these issues.

2. Mathew Jason McKay

1

Answered . You could possibly be responsible if the pool fence does not meet local code. You could also be responsible if you were aware of a dangerous condition (or should have been aware...) that causes an injury. You should consult your local building code to see what kind of ordinances apply to above-ground pools, if any.