Tenant with a lease. Sheriff sale posted. What are my rights? Do I have to pay the rent?

Highspire, PA |

I have a lease and the sheriff taped notice on door today. The lease expires at the end of July and this sale will take place July 15.

You have the right to stay until the end of your lease. Even if the sale divested your lease, they could not get you evicted in less than 45 days.You do owe rent to the LL. I'd pay 1/2 month since in the middle of the month there will be a new owner.

The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Responses are based solely on Pennsylvania law unless stated otherwise.

Landlord-tenant topics