Tenant was served with a 30 day notice in ny and don't leave what is te next step.

Asked about 1 year ago - Brooklyn, NY

I want him out

1. Eric Edward Rothstein

4

Answered . Start an eviction proceeding. Your best move will be to hire a landlord-tenant lawyer.

2. Peter J Weinman

Pro

4

Answered . First, I suggest you retain counsel and not do this yourself. That said, you have not provided enough information.

Assuming it's a holdover and you had the tenant served by a licensed process server with a 30-day notice giving the tenant until the last day of the month following the month in which you served the notice, the next step is to purchase an index number and serve your petition and notice of petition.

Without an attorney representing you, there are many pitfalls and you will most likely spend more money in the long-run, believe it or not.

3. Steven Warren Smollens

3

Answered . Dear Brooklyn Landlord:

If your tenant is a month to month tenant, and there is no rent regulation involved, and you did not serve the termination of tenancy, on your own, and you ended the tenancy on the last day of the month following the month when you gave the notice, the next step, if the tenant does not move out, is commencing a summary holdover proceeding.

Read more here:

http://www.courts.state.ny.us/COURTS/nyc/housin...

4. Yefim Rubinov

2

Answered . you must commence an eviction proceeding in landlord/tenant court by filing a petition.