Tenant issues: in California: if in residential leased property, you properly parked and due to high winds a tree fell on your .

car--who is normally responsible for the removal of the tree covering up your car Tree is on Landlord's property), + any ( in this case minor ) damages to your car?

Santa Ana, CA -

Armen Taslakian

Armen Taslakian

Landlord / Tenant Lawyer - Glendale, CA

Your auto insurance should cover the removal of the tree and the damage to your car. If you don't have insurance coverage, then you would file a lawsuit against your landlord for the negligent maintenance of the tree.

Kevin Lewis King

Kevin Lewis King

Landlord / Tenant Lawyer - San Francisco, CA

I agree with prior poster. If you have comprehensive insurance coverage, that should cover the damage to you vehicle. If not, you will need to sue the property owner and/or management company to recover your damages.

Michael Ryan Juarez

Michael Ryan Juarez

Landlord / Tenant Lawyer - San Diego, CA

The attorney's above are correct. I just wanted to add that the same thing happened not to long ago in San Diego on a public street. The man's truck was crushed and city refused to pay for a long time. It took him getting an attorney and some public embarrassment to finally get the city to pay for the damages resulting from their negligent maintenance of the tree. Long story short I would get a lawyer immediately if the owner suggests he is not liable.