Tenant issues: in California: if in residential leased property, you properly parked and due to high winds a tree fell on your .

Santa Ana, CA |

car--who is normally responsible for the removal of the tree covering up your car Tree is on Landlord's property), + any ( in this case minor ) damages to your car?

1. Your auto insurance should cover the removal of the tree and the damage to your car. If you don't have insurance coverage, then you would file a lawsuit against your landlord for the negligent maintenance of the tree.

Armen Taslakian. 818. 937.3590. www.TaslakianLaw.com. Note: Armen Taslakian is an attorney licensed in the State of California. The answer is provided for informational use only. One should not act or refrain to act solely based on the information provided. No attorney/client relationship is created unless an Agreement is signed by the attorney and the client.

2. I agree with prior poster. If you have comprehensive insurance coverage, that should cover the damage to you vehicle. If not, you will need to sue the property owner and/or management company to recover your damages.

Kevin King, Principal- Essential Law Services. HTTP://ESSENTIALAW.COM, 415-562-6862. The information presented here is general in nature and is not intended and should not be construed as legal advice for a particular case. This post does not create any attorney-client relationship with the author of the question answered. For specific advice about your particular situation, consult with me or another qualified attorney off-site.

3. The attorney's above are correct. I just wanted to add that the same thing happened not to long ago in San Diego on a public street. The man's truck was crushed and city refused to pay for a long time. It took him getting an attorney and some public embarrassment to finally get the city to pay for the damages resulting from their negligent maintenance of the tree. Long story short I would get a lawyer immediately if the owner suggests he is not liable.

-Michael R. Juarez Law Office of Juarez and Schaeffer PO Box 16216 San Diego, CA 92105 (619) 804-4327 www.jslaw.org Mike@jslaw.org This posting is provided for “information purposes” only and should not be relied upon as "legal advice." Nothing transmitted from this posting constitutes the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. Applicability of the legal principles discussed here may differ substantially in individual situations or in different jurisdictions.