Temporary restraining order says I can't have my car. Ex wife is sending my car to me on a tow truck. I told her to not send it.

Asked 5 months ago - Arlington, TX

Will I get in trouble for being in possession of the car? I am not taking the car from her, I told her that I do not want her to send it, but she said it is on its way to my parents house. She has been contacting me ever since I got served earlier today and I think she is trying to get me to violate the order.

1. James Scott Gilbreath

Pro

1

Answered . It is too difficult to answer this question without reading the order and understanding why the order was signed. You should consult with an attorney. Until then, it's better to be safe than sorry

2. Bryan L. Walter

Answered . No she is not trying to get you Ito violate the order. Go ahead and take it and do not worry. Then consult with a family law attorney

3. Jennifer L. Ellis

Pro

Answered . Unless your order says otherwise, being in possession of your car is not going to get you in trouble. If you have a lawyer, ask him to read your order. If not, review it yourself and see what it says about the car. However, you should not communicate directly with her. Let her talk to your parents.