Temporary restraining order says I can't have my car. Ex wife is sending my car to me on a tow truck. I told her to not send it.

Asked 8 months ago - Arlington, TX

Will I get in trouble for being in possession of the car? I am not taking the car from her, I told her that I do not want her to send it, but she said it is on its way to my parents house. She has been contacting me ever since I got served earlier today and I think she is trying to get me to violate the order.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. James Scott Gilbreath


    Contributor Level 11


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . It is too difficult to answer this question without reading the order and understanding why the order was signed. You should consult with an attorney. Until then, it's better to be safe than sorry

  2. Bryan L. Walter

    Contributor Level 13

    Answered . No she is not trying to get you Ito violate the order. Go ahead and take it and do not worry. Then consult with a family law attorney

    Please designate a best answer to your question, and mark as helpful any answer you find helpful. Help support the... more
  3. Jennifer L. Ellis


    Contributor Level 18

    Answered . Unless your order says otherwise, being in possession of your car is not going to get you in trouble. If you have a lawyer, ask him to read your order. If not, review it yourself and see what it says about the car. However, you should not communicate directly with her. Let her talk to your parents.

    I am licensed in Pennsylvania. Members of my firm are licensed in various states, including Pennsylvania, New... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,150 answers this week

2,882 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,150 answers this week

2,882 attorneys answering