Temporary restraining order says I can't have my car. Ex wife is sending my car to me on a tow truck. I told her to not send it.

Arlington, TX |

Will I get in trouble for being in possession of the car? I am not taking the car from her, I told her that I do not want her to send it, but she said it is on its way to my parents house. She has been contacting me ever since I got served earlier today and I think she is trying to get me to violate the order.

1. It is too difficult to answer this question without reading the order and understanding why the order was signed. You should consult with an attorney. Until then, it's better to be safe than sorry

2. No she is not trying to get you Ito violate the order. Go ahead and take it and do not worry. Then consult with a family law attorney

Please designate a best answer to your question, and mark as helpful any answer you find helpful. Help support the time spent by attorneys in this forum. Thank you. This is not legal advice and is provided for informational purposes only. NO attorney-client relationship or privilege is created, and none of this is confidential.

3. Unless your order says otherwise, being in possession of your car is not going to get you in trouble. If you have a lawyer, ask him to read your order. If not, review it yourself and see what it says about the car. However, you should not communicate directly with her. Let her talk to your parents.

I am licensed in Pennsylvania. Members of my firm are licensed in various states, including Pennsylvania, New Jersey and New York. We handle cases involving personal injury (car accidents slip and falls, etc.,) medical malpractice, nursing home abuse, workers' compensation and social security disability. This post is not legal advice, but instead contains general educational information. Please do not act or refrain from acting based upon what you read in this post. Also please remember that this post does not form an attorney/client relationship between you and me. If you have specific legal questions, you should contact an attorney in your state for assistance.