Temporary Restraining order has been issued what are the visitation rights concerning a child or will there be any visitation?

Asked over 1 year ago - Hohenwald, TN

Ex wife has taken son and refuses to return him. There has been a restraining order issued but the sheriffs office is still trying to locate them. Once she is served what are her visitation rights under a restraining order. She has done this before but returned him before going to court about that instance. So this being her first time of refusing what are the courts views on her visitation with the son she has refused to return to the father? Will the court change custody or will it be something that the father has to ask for? I am not wanting to deny her rights to see our son but that it be where she can not take him again and run. Would supervised visitation or day only visitation be considered or will it be joint as it is at the present time?

1. Lauren Wilson Castles

Pro

Best Answer

Answered . Typically, when you file for a restraining order, you can check a box that states whether the minor children are covered under the restraining order. Look to see what that says in your copy. If you still have any questions, feel free to give me a call.

2. David Craig Lee

Answered . I would have to read the restraining order and the current coparenting order, to know what the visitation schedule would be. Surely it would be spelled out clearly by whomever wrote the restraining order.