Temporary green card holder, married would like to file tax separately.will it affect removal of condition interview?

i have a conditional green card.last year, we file our tax jointly, i have no income. for this year my husband would like to file tax separately (married filing separately), . will it be an issue on my removal for green card interview?most of my friends who went through conditional green card advice we file jointly. i dont want to insist that we file jointly. i appreciate all the advice.thnks

1. Filing separate tax returns will not effect your application to lift conditions on permanent residency if you have other evidence of a good faith marriage.

2. It will be a red flag that will need to be overcome.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Marriage and prenups topics