Teenage shoplifting in Berlin.

New York, NY |

I'm 17, living in Berlin, and immigrant.
I was caught shoplifting, and it was my first time, I am truly sorry
now I have to go to court, what should I do?
Can i still stay in Germany?

1. This site is for US law. You need a lawyer in Germany.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and have been doing criminal defense work for over 16 years. I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012 and 2013. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. Martindale-Hubbell has given me its highest rating - AV Preeminent - in the areas of Criminal Law, Personal Injury, and Litigation. According to Martindale-Hubbell”AV Preeminent is a significant rating accomplishment - a testament to the fact that a lawyer's peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence." Fewer than 8% of attorneys achieve an AV Preeminent rating. I also have the highest ranking – “superb” – on Avvo. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me. The above answer, and any follow up comments or emails is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

2. You need to seek counsel where the shoplifting occurred and where the court is located.

If this answer is helpful, then please mark the helpful button. If this is the best answer, then please indicate it. Thanks. For further information you should see an attorney and discuss the matter completely. If you are in the New York City area, then you can reach me during normal business hours at 718 329 9500 or www.mynewyorkcitylawyer.com.

3. Reading between the lines, my guess is you live in Berlin but got nabbed shoplifting in New York.
    You need to hire a New York lawyer who can arrange for your case to be resolved without you having to take time and great expense to fly back here.
    I've handled these cases many times.

Law Office Of Michael Marley
    Phone 917 853 4484