Technical violation of probation with one week left in scheduled termination date

Asked about 2 years ago - Pensacola, FL

In Florida notified by PO that technical violation was issued by judge. As soon as I knew of this paid court costs in full before termination date and verified by PO. No arrest warrant is showing up in jurisdiction county nor florida base, Does the judge still have jurisdiction since my termination date has passed? Is there a legal tolling?

1. 6

Best Answer

Answered . There is only jurisdiction if judge issue VOP before probation expired.

2. 4

1

Answered . It is hard to tell by your question. If judge issued warrant prior to your termination date, the court has jurisdiction.

3. 4

Answered . It depends. If the judge revoked probation prior to the termination date, then the clock would have stopped running on your probation and the judge would still retain jurisdiction.

On the other hand, if the judge merely revoked and then immediately reinstated probation, which may have happened, then probation may have thereafter run out and with it, jurisdiction.