TD visa - business corporation - profit - taxes

Miami, FL |

I had a corporation on E2 visa the I got the TD visa because I did not renew E2 Can I still get the profit (no work in corp on TD) from my own corporation while on E2 after all taxes?

Corrected typing errors on above question: I had a corporation on E2 visa then I got the TD visa because I did not renew E2 Can I still get the profit (no work in corp on TD) from my own corporation while on TD after all taxes?

Yes, you can. Anyone can own a company and profit from it. Working for the company requires authorization.

While this answer is provided by a Florida Bar Certified Expert in Immigration and Nationality Law, it is for general information purposes only and an attorney/client relationship is neither intended nor created. You should seek out qualified counsel to review your case and provide you with advice specific to your situation. Call +1-561-478-5353 to schedule a consultation with Mr. Devore.

2. This is a tax question. As always, you will be taxed on U.S.-originated income.

This does not constitute legal advice and is purely informational and we do not have an attorney-client relationship until a fee agreement is signed. The details of your case can vary slightly and the legal analysis can be then totally different. Do not rely on legal aswers to address your particular situation but seek a direct contact wih an attorney.

3. When you say that you got the TD visa, do you mean that you are the spouse of someone in TN status? I agree with my colleague, and you should ask this question in the Taxation forum. I am reclasifying your question and hope they can give you a better answer.