TD visa - business corporation - profit - taxes

Asked over 1 year ago - Miami, FL

I had a corporation on E2 visa the I got the TD visa because I did not renew E2 Can I still get the profit (no work in corp on TD) from my own corporation while on E2 after all taxes?

Corrected typing errors on above question:
I had a corporation on E2 visa then I got the TD visa because I did not renew E2 Can I still get the profit (no work in corp on TD) from my own corporation while on TD after all taxes?

1. Jeffrey Adam Devore

1

Best Answer

Answered . Yes, you can. Anyone can own a company and profit from it. Working for the company requires authorization.

2. Francis M Boyer

2

Answered . This is a tax question. As always, you will be taxed on U.S.-originated income.

3. Carlos E Sandoval

1

Answered . When you say that you got the TD visa, do you mean that you are the spouse of someone in TN status? I agree with my colleague, and you should ask this question in the Taxation forum. I am reclasifying your question and hope they can give you a better answer.