Taxes-non custodial parent claim their portion of daycare payments?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Springfield, IL

Not sure if this is a question I can ask here. I am ordered to pay half of daycare costs. Can I claim the amount when doing my taxes? I am the non custodial parent.

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Judy A. Goldstein

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees


    Answered . Were you ever married to the custodial parent? Is there an Order for Support and/or a Parenting Order? The answer to your question could be yes, but we are not privy to the provisions of your court orders. You should being your documents to an accountant or tax attorney for a more definite answer.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

22,865 answers this week

2,851 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

22,865 answers this week

2,851 attorneys answering