Taxes

Boston, MA |

In 2011 i decided to use all my savings around $40,000.00 to try to have my genetic child using In Vitro Fertilization and a egg donor, but one of the agencies i was working with screwed me over and i had already paid the other agency $18,000.00 and in order to make up for the money i lost with the egg donor agency and not loose everything my family who lives in another country sent me by western union $8,900.00 on May 2011, $5,800.00 on July 2011 and $2,900.00 on August 2011, total amount my family sent me $17,600,00.
My questions: how the money i got from my family will affect my taxes, do i have to file this info and if yes how do i do, any special forms for that? Thanks

If your family intended it as a gift or a loan, then it makes no difference, it is neither income to you nor reportable by you.

Eric P. Rothenberg, P.C.
    ORSI ARONE ROTHENBERG
    160 Gould Street-Suite 320
    Needham, MA 02494-2300
    Tel: 781-239-8900
    Fax: 781-658-2203
    www.oarlawyers.com

Follow my Tweets at http://twitter.com/Tax_Esq

IRS Circular 230 Disclosure: To ensure compliance with requirements imposed by the IRS in Circular 230, we inform you that, unless we expressly state otherwise in this communication (including any attachments), any tax advice contained in this communication is not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, for the purpose of (i) avoiding penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or (ii) promoting, marketing or recommending to another party any transaction or other matter addressed herein.

2. I agree it is not income to you and you do not have to report the income received as gifts.

Marty Davidoff, emd@taxattorneycpa.com, 732-274-1600. This answer is provided for general information only. You should seek advice from an attorney or tax professional.

3. The gentlemen above both addressed this and I agree.

http://www.phillyinjurylawyer.com/

Business topics