Skip to main content


Lancaster, CA |


Regarding removal of conditions for which after applying they requested for.more evidence, am preparing those papers,but there is a confusion regarding my wife's name in the tax returns although not mentioned in the rfe letter that i got. They have asked for copies of the 2012 joint tax returns,we had already send 2010 and 2011 before with the application.In the 2012 and the 2011 returns last name of my wife is same as she used for the 2010 filing,but her last name is now my last name in every document including social security. The idiot who did our taxes used the old name for even the latest tax return. So i checked with IRS and apparently it takes about 2 months for the 1040 x amendment to get done. So thats too much time for my evidence submitting .Please guide me . thank you

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


It should not affect your application at all whether or not she uses your name.

The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.


The "idiot" who prepared your taxes would have done so with the information you provided, and would have presented the tax returns to you for your REVIEW and signature.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.



Yes I admit that there was a mistake on our part that because this person is a close family of my wife's family ,so we signed without checking ,but my wife had specifically ,instructed about the name change . I wish somebody could advice what cane done ??done is done!!but there must be a solution . Thanks anyways.


As long as you filed joint returns,the name that she used does not matter.

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer