Tax return

Bronx, NY |

during last year i was unemployed so i didnt had any income i live in my fathers house .does tax returns affect your naturalization procces ,do they ask you about employment and is employmet any problem for your naturalization ?thank you

1. Usually not a problem. If you are becoming a permanent resident you may need a "sponsor". Otherwise, if you are all legit then being unemployed should not on its own bar you from getting your citizenship.

2. This is really more of an immigration issue than a tax issue.

My answer does not constitute legal advice and may not be relied upon by anyone for any purpose and does not constitute an attorney/client relationship or an offer to form such a relationship. This disclaimer is intended to be fully compliant with the requirements of Treasury Department Circular 230 and the terms thereof are fully incorporated by reference. If you wish to consult with me please contact me at dana@nytaxcounsel or visit my website at www.nytaxcounsel.com

3. This depends on your immigration status and whether you have a work Visa. You need to provide additional information.