Tax question...... What is the time frame on the year to be able to file that I supported someone?

Boston, MA |

I supported my son for 2/3's of the year he is now on his feet will I still be able to clam him on my taxes?

1. To have a child as a dependent they must be (at yearend) under age 19 or under 24 if they are a full time student for at least 5 months of the year and the child must not provide more than half their own support. This is just a brief summary of very complicated rules so I highly recommend you have a good preparer check with you first.

Eric P. Rothenberg, P.C.
    ORSI ARONE ROTHENERG
    160 Gould Street-Suite 320
    Needham, MA 02494-2300
    Tel: 781-239-8900
    Fax: 781-658-2203
    www.oarlawyers.com

Follow my Tweets at http://twitter.com/Tax_Esq

IRS Circular 230 Disclosure: To ensure compliance with requirements imposed by the IRS in Circular 230, we inform you that, unless we expressly state otherwise in this communication (including any attachments), any tax advice contained in this communication is not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, for the purpose of (i) avoiding penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or (ii) promoting, marketing or recommending to another party any transaction or other matter addressed herein.