TAX ID (EIN number) : Is it possible that change of address is done automatically by IRS, based on tax filing service ?

Asked over 1 year ago - Plainview, NY

TAX ID (EIN number) : We registered our corporation 13 years back. As we lost EIN Document, I called IRS and requested to faxed me IRS document. But address mentioned on documents is different than what we registers. That address seems to be the person whom we used for last two years for tax filing service. Is it possible that EIN number can be changed automatically based on who is preparing your tax document ? Because I asked the person. But he said never requested to change the EIN address. And proposed that it might have changed based on correspondence done .

1. Bradley Scott MacPherson

7

Best Answer

Answered . I'm a little confused by your question, but I think you're asking whether the IRS updates your mailing address, in its own databases, based upon the address you used on your last tax return. That answer is yes. By law the IRS is required to mail notices to your "last known address." The address that you used on your last tax return is the most common way of setting the "last known address."

2. Jerry Anthony Merola

5

1

Answered . go to irs.gov request the address change form and file it yourself by certified mail. Always best to have the IRS have the most current address.

Jerry Merola
    Greenberg & Merola, LLP, Attorneys at Law
    91 N. Franklin Street, Suite 211, Hempstead, NY 11550, (516) 887-1975
    521 5th Ave. Ste. 1700, New York, NY 10175, (212) 593-6111
    Additional Offices: Queens & Brooklyn

3. Stuart Warren Moskowitz

1

Answered . You incorporated with the Department of State with an address to have service of process on the corporation (assuming NY corp.). When you requested an EIN you had to insert an address on the form SS-4. If your tax return you filed recently has a different address then those address' then you should file with the IRS a change of address form.