Tamping with a interlock in Colorado 42-2-132.5

Ok I had a interlock in my car last year. My car was broke down and I didn't have the money to fix it. I took it to the juck yard. Called the DMV,interlock company that same day. I have poof of calling them. I have been out of work. Then I had two hearings last month. The first one the hearings officer said that he didn't have my proof. Then I called his suppervisor and he told me that he will tell him where my proof was. A week later i have a hearings and the officer said since keeped the interlock 2 months after I got rid of the car cuz I was out of state. I was guilty of 42-2-132.5 I just got a job. I want to fight this in appeals court and to be able to get a car with a interlock. So how hard would it be to win in court?

Grand Junction, CO -

Ann Toney

Ann Toney

DUI / DWI Attorney - Denver, CO

There are time deadlines within which to appeal a DMV Hearing decision. You need to go and talk to a DUI attorney as soon as possible. There is more information needed in addition to your post. Good luck.

Ann Toney, P.C. is a law firm in Denver, CO defending DUI, DUID, and marijuana drug charges.
Daniel Nelson Deasy

Daniel Nelson Deasy

Criminal Defense Attorney - Centennial, CO

You need to sit down with a criminal defense attorney that handles alcohol-related driving offenses.

Brandon Uriah Luna

Brandon Uriah Luna

DUI / DWI Attorney - Delta, CO

My fellow attorneys and I have a hard time measuring what your success would be in court without sitting down with you and taking a good look at your particular situation. Many attorneys offer free consultations and it may be worth your while to sit down with one of them.

Brandon