T.R.O victim of domestic violence please help i need answers.

Asked over 1 year ago - Newark, NJ

I am a lady.. A victom of domestic violence, i had filed a T.R.O at the police dept and had it granded. Right after filing the T.R.O the cops told me to go back to the house and wait for my ex to arrive. This standard procedure? Could i sue? or could my ex sue me? or the police dept.

1. Ksenia V Proskurchenko

7

Answered . Definitely not the standard procedure! I would need to know more details to determine what can be done. Meanwhile, it is important that you seek legal representation in this domestic violence matter, determine whether to proceed with seeking a final restraining order and understand the ramifications of each alternative, such as civil restraints. Please feel free to reach out to my office for a free consultation.

Ksenia V. Proskurchenko, Esq.
    President and Managing Attorney
    PROSKURCHENKO LAW GROUP, LLC
    570 North Broad Street, Suite 13
    Elizabeth, New Jersey 07208
    Main: (973) 321-3040
    Fax: (908) 933-0953
    www.prosklawgroup.com

2. Bari Zell Weinberger

Pro

7

Answered . The entire purpose of a restraining order is to put distance between you and your ex. I concur with the other postings. You should sit down with an experienced family attorney and discuss the complete details of your matter. Good luck.

3. Mark M Cheser

4

Answered . More information is needed. The TRO orders your ex to stay away. They may have meant (or said) to call them if he shows. They have to serve him with the TRO. Wht you posted is not normal and dangerous.

4. Carmine John Giardino

5

Answered . Representing yourself without adequate legal experience or knowledge can prove to be a challenge. It may not be possible to learn every law or detail. Often times the more complex a case is, the more legal knowledge a person needs in order to be successful. A lack of time, resources, and knowledge are difficult to overcome. It's better to hire a lawyer to handle this. There are a lot of excellent lawyers in your city.