T-Mobile extended my contract without my verbal or written consent. What action can I take?

Chicago, IL |

I called T-Mobile to alter my data usage in August of 2011. I asked the customer service rep three times if lower data usage and a resulting lower bill would extend my contract another two years and they said no it would not. No information was given to me in writing or over the phone that my contract would be extended. Any transcripts they have of my call would prove this. However I just found out they in fact extended my contract to August of 2013. What action can I take?

Instead of them automatically assuming you need an attorney or legal advice, you might be best served by contacting a supervisor at T-Mobile to see if this misunderstanding can be taken care of.

I agree, you should first try to clear up what appears to be a misunderstanding.

Business topics