T-Bone Accident

Asked 10 months ago - Metairie, LA

I was involved in a T-bone car accident I was crossing the intersection it is a major blvd which has 3 lanes in each direction and a blvd in between I was coming from the right hand side street my light was green I noticed that I had a flat tire so I slowed down and tried to cross safely, the light was green and I crossed the first three lanes and the blvd while the light was changing I passed the first lane and on the second lane I got hit from the first car on the second lane it hit the 2nd door and a tiny part from the first passenger door, and she claimed it was green when she moved and I was crossing on red, although I didn't got any hit from the first car on the lane. the police came and the report says I am at fault because I disregarded the traffic light. I don't know how !!

I don't know how I am at fault because I traveled on green and passed 3 lanes then the blvd and the first lane from the other side without any hit and I was in the 2nd lane and only one lane to completely cross the intersection. how did I fail to obey the traffic light when the light is changing and i am in the middle of the intersection what should I do !!! complete my trip or stop in the middle of intersection
The police report is in the comment for Mr. Daniel Deasy because I couldn't put it here because it exceed the allowed text

1. Daniel Nelson Deasy

3

Answered . Report this to your insurance carrier and if you received a citation, hiring a defense attorney that deals with car crash cases would be a great idea.

2. Janelle Marie Carney

Pro

3

Answered . You will want to fight the ticket. You may also want to find out if there is a red light camera on that intersection to support your version of the facts. You will also want to get the full police report and see if there are any witnesses. Occasionally, the police officer will also talk to you and tell you why they found you at fault. Good luck!

3. Harry Edward Hudson Jr

2

Answered . Report this to your carrier. Retain a traffic attorney. There will be two actions and you will need to address both of them. As they are intertwined, I do not recommend you do this yourself.
    The carrier will choose an attorney for you and resolve the crash as it sees fit. You only really have an input if the proposed settlement would exceed your coverage

Pro

2

Answered . Simply report it to your insurance company to resolve. Spend a couple hundred bucks for a local traffic court lawyer to fight the ticket