Syrian Asylee in US, six month no decision Asylum/Immigration

New York, NY |

I'm Syrian who have a true story and evidences with Syrian regime.
I've applied for asylum 6 month ago myself, no attorney.
four month ago was my interview with Asylum officer, who said they will mail out the decision in two days, and I will get a green card directly, and there will be no court or judge.
the very next day officer called and said this gonna take time... he doesn't know how long.
during the four months I called three times, they said don't call us we will call you when we have decision, and my case is being reviewed for the whole time by the supervision.

1- Could you please tell me who can I expedite this? or get it done? I am confused, and don't know what to do.

2- My friend would apply or asylum too, this time we need an asylum trustful attorney, do you suggest anybody?

Asylum is very complicated process. It is complicated conceptually, practically, evidentiary and procedurally. It is especially complicated before an immigration court.

Removal proceedings is exceptionally complex administrative process, which requires good knowledge, understanding and command of the one of the most complex parts of the interplay between INA, Federal Regulations, and Administrative and Judicial precedents. Self-representing in such a forum is unwise at least and often outright reckless.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

Probably the best thing you can do is hire an experienced immigration attorney who has done asylum cases. He/she can visit the asylum office and make inquiries on your behalf.

Hire a LOCAL immigration lawyer experienced in asylum law to try to salvage your case before it's too late.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.