Suspended License due to unpaid tickets but need restricted license becuse of disability

Asked about 1 year ago - Tucson, AZ

I am disabiled need drive to go to store doctor and get son for visits can a judge grant me restricted license untail can get all fines paid

1. Ryan Thomas Bleau

Answered . Typically, you would need to pay off the fines in order to be eligible to reinstate your driver's license. Occasionally, a court will make a person eligible for a driver's license once they have paid half of the outstanding fine. Ultimately, I recommend that you file a motion with the court and talk to the judge about your situation. The worst case scenario is that the judge denies your request.

2. Alan James Brinkmeier

Answered . A parking permit for a person with disabilities may be issued only for a medical necessity that severely affects mobility or involves acute sensitivity to light

If you do not have a parking permit you can be issued a citation. If you are in a spot so designated without a parking permit whether you are or are not in the car you can be issued a citation.