Suspended License due to unpaid tickets but need restricted license becuse of disability

Asked over 1 year ago - Tucson, AZ

I am disabiled need drive to go to store doctor and get son for visits can a judge grant me restricted license untail can get all fines paid

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Ryan Thomas Bleau

    Contributor Level 2

    Answered . Typically, you would need to pay off the fines in order to be eligible to reinstate your driver's license. Occasionally, a court will make a person eligible for a driver's license once they have paid half of the outstanding fine. Ultimately, I recommend that you file a motion with the court and talk to the judge about your situation. The worst case scenario is that the judge denies your request.

    Good luck.

    This message does not establish an attorney-client relationship. As with all legal matters, seeking the advice of... more
  2. Alan James Brinkmeier

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . A parking permit for a person with disabilities may be issued only for a medical necessity that severely affects mobility or involves acute sensitivity to light

    If you do not have a parking permit you can be issued a citation. If you are in a spot so designated without a parking permit whether you are or are not in the car you can be issued a citation.

Related Topics

License suspension for traffic tickets

License suspension is one type of traffic violation penalty, usually imposed for serious traffic violations or for repeated minor violations.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

18,967 answers this week

2,455 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

18,967 answers this week

2,455 attorneys answering