Suspended License

Nashville, TN |

I was involved in a motor vehicle crash. The cop wrote" The defendant was involved in a motor vehicle crash. A check showed his drivers license status revoked. No warrants or failure to appears. What does this mean pls? I'm appearing in court soon. II got a Class B misdemeanor citation

1. Sounds like you were Driving on a Revoked License. I recommend you talk to the TN Dept of Safety to try to find out why and what you can do about it. When you go to court, be able to give them a status on your progress. Hiring an attorney to assist you with this would be a good idea as well.

Please note that my answering this question, does not, in any way, mean I represent you for this, or any other case. You need to seek that actual face-to-face advice of any attorney in your area who can further explain the law as it applies to your case.

2. ALthough nyou could theoretically do this yourself , the fact is that it is a more complicated issue than it sounds. YOu need to hire a lawyer right away. Best of luck.

This answer is provided by Manuel A. Juarez, Esq., El Abogado de Accidentes de Autos de California: 510-206-4492. El Abogado de Accidentes de Autos provides answers of a general context. These answers are not intended to form an attorney client relationship. El abogado de Accidentes de Autos y Lesiones Personales practices in Antioch, Berkeley, Concord, Oakland, Hayward, Martinez, Newark, Richmond, San Francisco and San Rafael. El abogado de accidentes y lesiones is licensed only in California. This information is good only in California and it is not to be taken as legal advice on car accidents, personal injury, divorce, bankruptcy or in any other type of situation. Esta respuesta es del Abogado de Accidentes de Autos y Lesiones Personales de Acidentes de carros, Manuel A. Juárez, 510-206-4492. Abogado Hispano de Accidentes, Divorcios, Abogado Latino de Accidentes, y Abogado de Acidentes de Oakland, Hayward, San Francisco, y California. Estas respuesta son solo para información general y no consisten en consejo legal sobre divorcios, mantención de esposas, mantención de hijos o bancarrotas. Las respuestas son comentarios legales que no forman una relación de abogado y cliente. Manuel Juarez, Esq., esta licenciado solo en el Estado de California.

3. You need to contact an attorney to review the matter with you.

4. Your situation likely means that the Tennessee Department of Safety revoked your driving privileges. That is definitely a situation you will want to investigate if you don't understand why that happened. The part about "no warrants or failure to appears" means that when the officer checked your record, there was no record of a warrant for your arrest, nor was there a warrant outstanding for failure to appear in a court (criminal and/or traffic court) proceeding. Having no outstanding warrants on your name is a good thing. It does not answer the question as to why your license was revoked. If you know, the way to deal with it is to maneuver the Department of Safety process to reinstate your license. Driving without a license is serious, and if you end up causing a crash that injures or kills someone, the consequences can be severe. See the link below for the Department of Safety website for more information. Depending on your circumstances, you may be better off hiring a criminal defense attorney to represent you at your hearing.

5. Best bet is to spend a couple hundred bucks for a local traffic court lawyer to defend.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com

6. You need to hire an attorney in Nashville that is familiar with the ADA's that handle these cases in Courtroom 1A of the Birch Building or upstairs. This isn't a simple ticket, you can go to jail and if the reason your license is revoked is serious (DUI) you stand to get substantial jail time.

I am not your attorney nor is any answer I may provide legal advice. You may contact me directly for legal advice only if you are a resident of Tennessee insofar as I only practice in Tennessee.

Traffic tickets topics