Suppose if you own a home, but one day, you lose your job, do I still have to pay Property Tax?

Sacramento, CA |

If the answer to the question is a "Yes" to the above question, then I would like to Challenge The Property Tax System one of these days all the way to Supreme Court (if necessary). Can you refer me to a Constitutional Attorney? I believe in supporting my country with TAXES, I just don't want to be subjected to UNJUST TAXATION one of these days.

Is there like a book that you can refer me to that can help me better understand California PROPERTY TAXES and Taxes in general? I would like to read something on this subject.

1. The answer is Yes. You can do an attorney look-up for a constitutional attorney in your area on AVVO. Best of luck.

Actively practicing law in Texas. Inactive licenses in Arizona and Georgia. All answers are general in nature and no attorney/client relationship exists in this forum.

2. Yes - you have to pay your property taxes. If you don't, the county can foreclose.

DISCLAIMER: This answer is provided solely for informational purposes only. This answer does not constitute legal advice, create an attorney-client relationship, or constitute attorney advertising. Liewen Law is fully compliant with every State and Federal Law, including California SB 94 and the related Civil Code Sections, as well as the FTC Mortgage Assistance Relief Services (MARS) Final Rule. Liewen Law is a debt relief agency helping consumers file for bankruptcy relief under the United States Bankruptcy Code. Liewen Law maintains this website for marketing and informational purposes only. None of the information or materials on this site is legal advice. Nothing on this or associated pages, documents, comments, answers, emails, or other communications should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. Said information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing of this information does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. While we make every effort to keep this site accurate and up to date, we do not guarantee its accuracy and are not responsible for inaccuracies, errors, or omissions.

3. your question includes assumptions like "if someone owned a house". Well do you or do you not. Also assumes a loss of income. Are you fired or not? Sounds like you have the answer to your hypothetical in the question you presented.

I defer to previous counsel's answers.

FYI costs of taking a case to the Supreme Court forgetting about how long it would take is probably going to cost you more than your house is worth unless you own a multimillion dollar residence in which case your property taxes are the least of your problems.

In addition to AVVO's disclaimer, please note that by this answer no attorney client relationship is intended and unless there is a signed retainer agreement in place, neither me nor anyone in our office has intended to solicit clients. The answers are general in nature and without weighing specifics of particular query. No answer should be relied on in whole or in part, directly or otherwise to act or not to act in pursue of any of your potential claims in law or equity. You should consult with and obtain advise or representation of an attorney to protect your rights.

4. Property taxes run with the property, so you are responsible for them as long as you own your property, regardless of your financial situation. You want to stay current on your property taxes otherwise you will have fees assessed.