Suppose, I have an expired F1 student visa. What are the consequences?

Asked 11 months ago - Spokane, WA

Could America's administration force me to leave out of the country? . In general, if anyone who is illegally in the United Sated, what might be the consequences?

Attorney answers (4)

  1. Giacomo Jacques Behar


    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . Not unless they come to seek you out ("ICE"). None really, unless and until come into contact with either law enforcement or DHS agencies. Will always be able to adjust status later based on a marriage to a USC.

    Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that... more
  2. Bradley Lawrence Whitney Thomson


    Contributor Level 10

    Answered . Consult with an immigration attorney if you ever desire to apply for an employment based visa or travel abroad.

  3. Jeff L. Khurgel


    Contributor Level 19

    Answered . Government officials could force you to leave the country if you are here unlawfully.

    Kindly note that this posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-... more
  4. Maria J. Marty

    Contributor Level 17

    Answered . Deportation from the US and possible 10 year bar from re entering the US once you leave. If you are young and want a future in the US, find a way to stay legally here. Talk to a lawyer to see the best options.

    I am a lawyer but I am not your lawyer unless we have spoken and we have entered into an attorney-client... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

28,449 answers this week

3,114 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

28,449 answers this week

3,114 attorneys answering