Suppose, I have an expired F1 student visa. What are the consequences?

Spokane, WA |

Could America's administration force me to leave out of the country? . In general, if anyone who is illegally in the United Sated, what might be the consequences?

Not unless they come to seek you out ("ICE"). None really, unless and until come into contact with either law enforcement or DHS agencies. Will always be able to adjust status later based on a marriage to a USC.

Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

Consult with an immigration attorney if you ever desire to apply for an employment based visa or travel abroad.

Government officials could force you to leave the country if you are here unlawfully.

Kindly note that this posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Remember, this site is akin to an internet blog. Do not rely on information here to make important decisions in your life. Make an appointment to meet with a licensed attorney in his or her office (or via Skype or phone) to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

Deportation from the US and possible 10 year bar from re entering the US once you leave. If you are young and want a future in the US, find a way to stay legally here. Talk to a lawyer to see the best options.

I am a lawyer but I am not your lawyer unless we have spoken and we have entered into an attorney-client relationship. Due to the nature of this forum, I often do not have all the information required to provide legal advice. Accordingly, my responses on Avvo are intended as general and not legal advice.