Supporting documents for I-485

Asked 12 months ago - Albemarle, NC

I am filling for the form I-485 and they need my foreign birth certificate. How recent does the copy of the birth certificate need to be? Can I use one that I have from 2013? What other documents can i use instead of the birth certificate? Also it needs to be translated. Does it need the apostille too? Can it be the apostille from your Embassy? Or does it need to be from the State you are in? Please let me know.

1. 5

Answered . You need to submit a copy of your birth certificate with a certified translation if the document is not in English. It does not need to have an apostille. You will need to bring the original or a certified copy with the original certificate of translation to your interview.

2. 2

Answered . The Form I-485 has instructions. Follow them. It requires a copy of birth certificate with certified English translation. You will be instructed to bring the original birth certificate to your interview in person. Good luck!

3. 2

Answered . You need to submit the original birth certiificate in the foreign language and and English translation. An apostille is not required.

4. 1

Answered . You need to submit a copy of your birth certificate. When you attend the interview. You need to bring an original or a certified copy. English translations are required with the submission. The apostille is not required