Supplement A to form I-485, Adjustment of Status

Asked almost 2 years ago - West Palm Beach, FL

In Supplement A to form I-485, would it be correct for a Derivative Applicant (Spouse) to select b (beneficiary of a visa petition filed on or after April 30, 2001) since she is also filing under 245(i)

The visa petition was filed on April 17, 2001

1. Karen-Lee Pollak

7

Answered . No unless the application was already filed on or before April 30 2001

2. Rajesh Nakchhed Prasad

7

Answered . The Form I-485 Supplement A (Rev.01/18/2011) indicates "I am filing Supplement A to Form I-485 because (a).....(b) I am the beneficiary of a visa petition filed on or after January 15, 1998 and on or before April 30, 2001" Please make sure you are using the right version of the Form. If the petition on her behalf was filed before April 30, 2001, then selecting [b] is the correct response. Please hire an immigration lawyer to help you.
    Rajesh Prasad, Esq.
    Parikh and Prasad Law Group
    5861 Pine Avenue Suite B
    Chino Hills, CA 91709
    www.path2immigration.com
    rajesh@path2immigration.com
    909.248.3212

3. Jeffrey Adam Devore

4

Answered . There is much more to a successful immigration case then just completing forms. Additionally, not only can incorrectly completing the forms lead to disastrous results, USCIS does not refund money when it denies applications or for applications that are filed which are ultimately not needed. I suggest you consult with an experienced immigration attorney who can review your case and advise you the best way to proceed.

4. Andrew Marino Bramante

4

Answered . You should contact an experienced immigration lawyer to help you with your application. Section 245(i) adjustment is tricky. My firm Rosner Partners has signficant experience and assists clients throughout the eastern United States. See our newsletters at www.Rosnerlaw.com

One or more answers have been taken down.