Supervisor broke confidential meeting information with management and a former employee. Do I have legal recourse?

Asked over 1 year ago - Phoenix, AZ

My bi-weekly supervision meetings with my supervisor is supposed to be confidential. She went to management and told them what I stated in our and then called a former employee, to tell them to back off giving me advice. My supervisor didn't hurt my reputation, however, does she have a right to do that?

1. Darrel S Jackson

Pro

1

Answered . Your supervisor has a duty to the company to act on information that he or she learns that may impact the company. Without knowing more, I don't see any claim here. Good luck.

2. Kevin R Harper

1

Answered . Based on the facts you've described here I don't see a claim. I agree with my colleague's prior answer that your supervisor is entitled to act on information you provided on behalf of the company. If there are additional facts that you feel are important you may want to consider discussing the matter in detail with an employment lawyer.

3. Joel B. Sklar

Pro

1

Answered . Whether she has a "right" to doesn't matter. There is no right of yours she violated unless AZ has some statute/law that says otherwise.