Skip to main content

Supervised Visitation Violation??

Ionia, MI |

My daughters mother has recently gotten supervised visitation, the supervisor is my daughters grandmother. Before she had supervised she had her every other weekend. This weekend was her first supervised visitation, but she has to go to jail for 30 days. She didn't tell me that she had to go to jail until I had already dropped my daughter off at her grandmas house. So today when I got her back I found out that my daughters uncle took my daughter over to see her mom before she went to jail, at a friends house. Her supervisor aka her mother was NOT present, and nobody called and made me aware they were taking her to see her mom. Needing some advice since I clearly think this is breaking her supervised visitation. Getting pretty upset just trying to keep my daughter out of harms way. Thanks

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


If the mother violates a supervised only parenting time order, your remedy is to file a motion for an order to show cause her for violation of the order as well as to suspend all parenting time or move supervision to a professional venue to ensure compliance in the future.

This comment is designed for general information only, and should not be construed to be formal legal advice nor the formation of a lawyer/client relationship.


Where was the supervised visitation to take place? Was it only your daughter's grandmother that was to supervise the visitation? You should bring this matter before the court to advise of the violation, which the court will not look favorably upon. With the matter before the court, the judge could change the supervised visitation to a setting, and with a person, you request. See an experienced family law attorney to make sure the matter is properly presented to the court.

Neil M. Colman

Mr. Colman is licensed to practice law in Michigan. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Colman strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.



It is supposed to take place in her grandmothers residence Friday 4pm until Sunday 6pm, every other weekend and it says her grandmother is her ONLY supervisor.


File a Motion for contempt. Under these circumstances I am sure the Judge will not be too happy.

Child custody topics

Recommended articles about Child custody

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer