Summoned to court for default HELOC

Asked over 1 year ago - Cortland, IL

Do we need a lawyer? I'm not sure what info I should be taking to the proceeding. What can I expect them to tell me? Thank you!

1. Thomas O. Moens

2

Answered . You should use the Find a Lawyer tab at the top of the page to locate a foreclosure defense attorney in your area. You may have defenses available to you that will be lost without asserting them properly.

2. Chen Kasher

1

Answered . As for court, the answer is that nobody will "tell you what to do." Judges and opposing counsel may not offer you any advice. You need to find your own attorney to advise you as to your options.

I'd talk to an attorney immediately. You may be in risk of losing your home if this default results in foreclosure.

chenkasher@gmail.com
    chenkasherlaw.vpweb.com
    (773) 853-3062