Summary judgment do's and don'ts.

Minneapolis, MN |

I am the defendant in a civil action. Plaintiffs filed for summary judgment. Hearing is today. Any advice greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Do - hire a lawyer.

Don't - appear without one.

The only way to formulate arguments in a motion for summary judgement is to understand the elects of the underlying case and within the context of those elements demonstrate that there are genuine issues of material fact.

CALL 612-240-8005 for a Consultation. Disclaimer: Nothing in this email message creates an attorney client relationship absent a retainer agreement with this office. Any response to email inquiries should be considered general in nature and should not be relied upon as legal advice. You should always consult a lawyer in your state regarding your specific legal matter. Visit online at http://www.minnesotaLawyers.com

Update: Along with the plaintiff's motion forsummary judgment, I also argued in opposition to a motion to compel electronic discovery and a motion for a permanent injunction. It took two hours but I won all of them. I wish I would have had the resources an attorney offers. But 1600 hours of research has paid off thus far. I think many attorneys overlook the pot of gold in search of the

Case of a lifetime.