Suing for interference of business....

Asked over 3 years ago - Green Bay, WI

I have phone recordings from a person who did work for me at a business i used to own. They stated he was going to tell people not to go to my place of business, since its a small town (and we know how they are) hes realated to almost everyone, and business dewindled and we closed the doors. What are my odds of winning a lawsuit against this person for interference of business? Can I sue for my legal fees and distress of it.. etc? place was only open for a lil over a year and used to be a booming place til this happened.

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Christian K. Lassen II


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . It sounds like a tough case, but you should contact a lawyer from your city who handles tortious interference with business relations cases for a free consultation to discuss the facts and circumstances.

    Click on name or picture to see profile page.
  2. Stephen M Trezza


    Contributor Level 17

    Answered . You can file a lawsuit but obtaining a collectable judgment is another story. Your would be a very technical civil case and I doubt there is an attorney in your small town that can handle it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

30,294 answers this week

3,388 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

30,294 answers this week

3,388 attorneys answering